This is a magic little recipe – so easy and versatile. You just need a few ocean elements, and a few from the land. Add some fire, flowers, a simple bread recipe and you can conjure up a wining wild flavoured snack.
OCEAN FLOWER PIZZA BREAD
- 4 cups of bread flour
- 2 cups of sea water, strained and heated
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil plus
- 15g instant yeast
- 1 handful of seaweed, chopped
- 1 handful of edible flowers
- ½ cup of wild garlic leaves, chopped
- Mix the flour and yeast together in a big mixing bowl.
- Strain the sea water through a muslin cloth to get rid of any sand or shells, and heat in a little saucepan until warm.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in 2Tbs oil and sea water. Add the seaweed, half the flowers and the wild garlic into the flour and combine .
- Bring the mix together with your hands until a soft dough has formed, adding more flour if its too wet or more water if too dry.
- Cover with a dishcloth and set aside in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 8 little balls. Roll out each ball on a floured surface, drizzle a little olive oil and scatter the chopped wild garlic over each pizza. Bake in a hot wood fired oven for an extra delicious smoky flavour or in a regular oven at 180dec Celsius until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat, garnish with the remaining flowers and serve warm.